About Us: Committees of the Osceola/SMC Chamber
Purpose statement: To be a positive, proactive influence upon governmental decisions affecting our community.
- Coordinate & support legislative receptions (Osceola Day) in Little Rock
- Provide state & US chambers of commerce updates
- Participate in regional collaboration efforts
- Coordinate convening of Plant Managers Forum
- Plan & coordinate annual group advocacy trip to Washington, DC
Purpose statement: To promote education to produce a skilled, responsible work force and sustain strong community leadership.
- Identify & communicate workforce educational needs of local employers
- Coordinate Arkansas Scholars presentations & banquet
- Coordinate local science fairs
- Coordinate industry tour events
- Disseminate information related to Great River Promise scholarships
- Plan, coordinate, & deliver Leadership Academy of South Mississippi County
Purpose statement: To serve as a central information source to the world for our community.
- Coordinate the Chamber website
- Publish the Chamber newsletter
- Provide timely updates to the city guide, industrial directory, & member data base
- Determine content & oversee production of newcomers’ packets
- Develop regular press releases for distribution to appropriate news media
4. Membership Services
Purpose statement: To identify and develop value-added services for chamber members.
- Identify existing services & develop new services that add value to membership
- Plan/coordinate Administrative Professionals Day
- Plan/coordinate Annual Reception
- Plan/coordinate Industrial Appreciation Golf Tournament
- Coordinate efforts to retain membership renewals
Purpose statement: To promote the community as a great place to live, work, visit, and raise a family.
- Develop a promotion strategy designed to attract/retain residents
- Develop a promotion strategy designed to increase tourism
- Identify community promotional needs & make recommendations to A&P Tax Commission
- Develop strategies to improve community appearance, “First Impressions”
- Make recommendations regarding planning/zoning & code enforcement
- Function as a liaison with Main Street Osceola
The Facilities Management Committee will operate as a designated committee with members appointed by the Executive Committee for their technical knowledge and expertise. The goals of the Facilities Management Committee are:
- Make recommendations to the Board regarding the Chamber building/Ohlendorf Civic Center & implement approved recommendations
- Make recommendations to the Board regarding the Chamber Interstate 55 billboards & implement approved recommendations
- Make recommendations to the Board regarding Chamber office equipment, including technological resources, & implement approved recommendations
- Review & revise Chamber policies relating to building/Civic Center usage & fees
The Executive Committee will be populated and will function as defined by the C of C by-laws. The Executive Committee has decision authority in certain circumstances in place of the full Board. The Executive Committee is responsible for the budget, finance, & audit functions of the Chamber.